CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Festival Of Homiletics 2009

Off to Atlanta for the Festival of Homiletics! I was in the midst of some really devastatingly loud low roaring in my left ear as we drove to Atlanta. I just had to keep telling myself that even if it sounded like a train was going through my head I was going to be there to sing before Bishop Tutu spoke! And just like a dream, about an hour before I had to sing my ears cleared up. Tutu was amazing as usual and I was just so deeply happy to be there. I kind of used that upcoming performance as something to set my sights on and look forward to. It inspired me to keep moving through those first weeks of recovery...and then to be there...wow!We had a great writers in-the-round-with-theologians show one night. It was fantastic. Darrell Scott, Adrienne Young and myself each played a song and then had comments from these wonderful theologians. It was so interesting...although they all complained that it's so challenging to theologically take a song apart in the wake of it's being performed. But I thought it was an incredible way to deeply explore the feeling in the songs from a spiritual aspect.

No comments: