CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

Monday, May 11, 2009

WOW. That Was Some Spring.


I'm happy to say that I've made a full recovery and it's an enormous relief to be on this side of the last two months!

Over the past weeks as I healed through my brain surgery, I was having all sorts of challenging hearing difficulties that have now miraculously lifted. There's no guarantee that it won't resume, but for the moment I've been able to get back to mixing my next record and finish songs that have been lined up for miles!
I guess out of all the concerns going into surgery, my greatest was that I would not recover the ability to write lyrics. However in fact, one of the first thoughts I had upon awakening in the ICU was this last line of a song that I'd been trying to finish... winding through the haze of anesthesia! So that went a long way towards reassuring me. That, along with having a great Doctor!

I also noticed a big improvement in the level of my ADD. Now it's like a program on the desktop of my brain that I can use or not, as opposed to something that is running all the time. My thinking is that there's just a lot more room between my ears now. It's kind of like cleaning out the silverware drawer so you can see what you've got in there!



I just want to say a note of thanks to so many friends out there who've emailed and called throughout my recovery. I appreciate everyone thinking of me and sending prayers. My fans in the UK have told me that Aled Jones and Terry Wogan have both sent get well wishes...and I just wanted to send my message back that it worked!



Xoxoxo BNC

No comments: