CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

Thursday, November 6, 2008

October 2008

Ok...I don't know where the summer went but I thought I'd better catch ya'll up on the last couple of months before the fall is here!

Late August found me doing a presentation workshop on the creative process at the Alabama State Council on the Arts Summer Retreat for Arts Professionals at the Cheaha State Park.



From there it was on to play in NY at the Cutting Room. What fun that was! The same night a hurricane happened to be rolling through Manhattan...but we still filled the place!



Mid September found me in LA at PeaceJam. Seven Nobels and a whole bunch of young peacemakers at Loyola Marymount. Check out peacejam.org!

Bob and I were so happy to see the Archbishop again!



Back in Nashville I had the pleasure of seeing my good friend, and the legendary Bob Harris during the week he was here for the Americana Awards. Bob also introduced me to one of his dear friends the very legendary (and incredibly down to earth) Robert Plant!

Here I am with Robert and the fabulous Buddy Miller in Buddy's studio. This is royalty on either side of me!



And Bob Harris and I wandered into the "Idle Hour" beer joint on Music Row in between interviews.



Then on September 20th the lovely Judy Collins came to perform at the Observatory. It was great to see her again, having done some shows with Judy a few years back. She sounded and looked amazing!



So coming up is ...well...lots more stuff!

This week I performed at the Bluebird on Thursday night with JD Souther, Gary Nicholson, and Radney Foster for a Obama-rama fundraiser.

Saturday afternoon (Oct 4th) BNC and band performed at the Celebration of Cultures.

Saturday night I also performed "Beautiful Fool" at the First Amendment Center Anniversary Show at the Bluebird. Whew!

Now it's off to do some dates in mid October (check the tour page on the website) and ending up in Carlsbad performing one night at Deepak Chopra's meditation retreat......then before you know it it's November!

I'm looking forward to going back over to the UK the last 2 weeks in November. I'm going to mostly be performing in Scotland with a few dates in England and a show at the Belfast Opera House as well!

I'm going to be offering an exclusive 5 song EP for sale only at my shows during the November mini-tour. More about that later!

Sorry it's so long between updates...I've been doing a lot of writing songs which means my typing time is greatly replaced by strumming!

Xoxox BNC

Ps...hey...I'm a very proud Mom...if you get a chance to go to itunes and do a search for "Team Illuminati" and you'll see my son Ernest's new CD. Write a review! I'm very excited for him...I think he made a great record!

No comments: