CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

Thursday, November 6, 2008

MORE October 2008



Hi folks!

Happy Halloween! October has flown by! I played shows in Austin Texas, Loveland Colorado, and Mesa Arizona on my October mini-tour. I brought my son Ernest Chapman on bass, Tripp Dudley, my nephew, on world percussion and drums and John Ragusa on flutes, vocals, harp and conch shell. Here the guys are hanging around the extraordinary beauty of Sedona. Thanks to Bob Zucker and his lovely wife Debbie we got to see some gorgeous countryside on our day off!





I'm looking forward to heading over the pond in a couple weeks to do a some shows and radio. Starting with the Belfast Grand Opera House (what a room!) followed by Birmingham, and the Buxton Opera House, etc. You can go to bethnielsenchapman.com for full details. We'll also be heading up through Scotland in some areas I've never seen. This time around I'll be playing solo with some accompaniment from the stellar Maart Allcock on bass, vocals etc.

The big news is that I'm releasing a super exclusive 5 song EP just for this little tour. It won't be available on my website or record stores, only at the gigs! The EP includes the original 4 track demos of "Sand & Water" and "No One Knows But You" and "Fair Enough". The collection also has a holiday song I wrote with Melissa Manchester and Matt Rollings called "There's Still My Joy" and a cover of "Love Me Tender". I just heard that they are already playing "There's Still My Joy" in Belfast!

Starting November 10th, "There's Still My Joy" and "Love Me Tender" will be available for download on itunes in the UK. But the EP will only be at the gigs. Here's the cover art...



More to come! ☺BNC

No comments: