CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mobile Symphony

I had such a great time going back to my old stomping grounds, Mobile, Alabama, to do a concert with the Mobile Symphony. Scot Speck, the conductor, was outstanding and the orchestra was remarkably good!

Aside from that it was very nostalgic to return to the Sanger Theater, which is where I gave my first concert in my early twenties, opening up for Mac MacAnally. There I was in my same dressing room tuning my guitar!

Here I am having a laugh with Scott. My guitar broke so here I’m using Ernest’s guitar. He’s behind me on the drums. And his new wife Jessie is to my left playing bass.



This next picture I’m smiling ear to ear…there’s nothing like the sound of a live orchestra!

No comments: