CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL 2009

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Something New For Stargaze 2009

Aromatherapy to Inspire the Muse
The use of essential oils to relax the mind and allow the inspired muse to come forward and play the strings of our heart, has been practiced for thousands of years. We will journey into the fragrances used to bring about inspired creativity and passionate expression.

This year at Stargaze while thinking of changing your perception and finding your center all at the same time, we're going to have a real treat with a presentation from a Master of Aromatherapy! Allison Stillman will be coming to illustrate for us the amazing connection creativity has to your aural senses! "What's that got to do with songwriting?" you may ask.

Well I have been thinking about this one for a while...it occurred to me that there were some "comfort patterns" I've developed over the years when I'm writing that, on a subliminal level, have played a part in my working through to the end of writing a song. I just didn't really pinpoint until recently how much "aroma" could affect my writing mood shifts. For instance, there's a certain essential oil candle I like to light when I sit down to work on a lyric. It's like my "lyric writing candle" and it has a certain fragrance that, for whatever reason, I associate with coming up with good lines. Now I can't prove anything by this....but it works for me! And since the whole creative process is magical anyway why not go with it?

Allison will actually be able to tell us in much more concrete and scientific terms, why that candle may have actually helped me to finish up some lyrics through the power of aromatherapy. She'll share with us her wealth of knowledge that combines the divine secrets with modern research in the study of essential oils for over 35 years, of this primordial art. She will also create a one of a kind blend for this workshop!

No comments: